Description of Devils Lake Chamber of Commerce: DLACC is a 501(c)6 organization whose mission is to partner with businesses and organizations to promote and advocate for the civic, economic, and social well-being of the Lake Region. Funding consists of membership investments and contracting with the NDDOT to oversee the operations of the Department of Motor Vehicle.
Description of Devils Lake Tourism: We are a non-profit organization that exists to promote the Devils Lake area as a destination for groups involved with conventions, trade shows, sporting events, as well as the leisurely travelers. We serve the hospitality industry, visitors, and local businesses who may benefit from visitor dollars. Essentially, we’re here to share with the rest of the world just how great our city really is.
WHY WORK FOR THE DEVILS LAKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: The Devils Lake community is a unique destination that mainly targets anglers and hunters from all over the United States, with a great community nestled along the shores. Working at the organization charged with promoting the area is an excellent opportunity to embed yourself in the place you call home. Open communication, collaboration, respect and embracing new ideas is what we’re all about. The Chamber of Commerce offers excellent benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance, generous PTO and sick days, company paid cell and a family friendly environment.
TO THRIVE IN THIS POSITION: We are seeking applicants who are dynamic and energetic with communication excellent organizational skills. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, personable, articulate with excellent communication, computer and writing skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN OFFICE SUPPORT:
- Take minutes at monthly board meetings
- Ensure all new members’ profiles are inputted correctly into the membership directory along with all other supporting software and databases (ex: Simpleview, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Act-On, etc)
- Provide communication with phone, visitors and chamber members
- Other duties as assigned
RESPONSIBILITIES IN EVENTS:
- Plan, organize, and execute events from start to finish
- Coordinate with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to ensure smooth event operations
- Manage event budgets and track expenses & solicit sponsorships
- Develop event timelines and schedules
- Coordinate event logistics, including venue selection, setup, and breakdown
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure event objectives are met
- Create and distribute event invitations and promotional materials
- Oversee event registration and attendee management
- Provide on-site event support and manage event staff
RESPONSIBILITIES IN COMMUNICATION/MARKETING:
- Stay current with social media best practices, networks and industry standards
- Some travel for educational conferences and statewide meetings
- Website content & updates
- Maintain event calendar for local events
- Bi-monthly Chamber Newsletter
- Assist with membership materials
- Assist travelers as they stop into our visitor center
- Send Vacation Request packets to inquiries and maintain brochure racks
- Maintain visitor center merchandise
- Develop and execute the content/social media calendar with the team according to our marketing strategies
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking to complement our team with an outgoing, energetic personality.
- Must be able to work some weekends and an occasional evening after 5:00 pm
- Must have valid driver’s license and personal insured vehicle
- Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in event planning and coordination
- Takes initiative, highly organized, good follow through; Must be a self-starter
- Phone skills are a high priority for this position
- Must have the ability to talk on camera for interviews, and Facebook Live, or the ability to learn
- Can easily communicate with people in a group setting or one on one
- College degree in related field a plus or equivalent work experience
- Experience in social media management for events is a plus
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel & Outlook a must
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Benefits include 10 paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, a SIMPLE IRA matching retirement program, Blue Cross Blue Shield of ND health, dental and vision (75% of single plan paid), clothing allowance and a range of professional development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Letters of Interest and a Resume can be submitted to Suzie Kenner at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 879, Devils Lake ND 58301