JOB TITLE: Marketing (and Sales) Coordinator
This is a new position within the organization.
Description of Devils Lake Tourism: We are a non-profit organization that exists to promote the Devils Lake area as a destination for groups involved with conventions, trade shows, sporting events, as well as the leisurely travelers. We serve the hospitality industry, visitors, and local businesses who may benefit from visitor dollars. Essentially, we’re here to share with the rest of the world just how great our city really is.
Description of Devils Lake Chamber of Commerce: DLACC is a 501(c)6 organization whose mission is to partner with businesses and organizations to promote and advocate for the civic, economic, and social well-being of the Lake Region. Funding consists of membership investments and contracting with the NDDOT to oversee the operations of the Department of Motor Vehicle.
WHY WORK FOR THE DEVILS LAKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: The Devils Lake community is a unique destination that mainly targets anglers and hunters from all over the United States, with a great community nestled along the shores. Working at the organization charged with promoting the area is an excellent opportunity to embed yourself in the place you call home. Open communication, collaboration, respect and embracing new ideas is what we’re all about. The Chamber of Commerce offers excellent benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance, generous PTO and sick days, company paid cell and a family friendly environment.
TO THRIVE IN THIS POSITION: We are seeking applicants who are dynamic and energetic with communication and graphic skills to market our area, build our advertising and tourism programs and enhance the visitor center. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, personable, articulate with excellent communication, computer and writing skills. Previous experience with media, graphic design, networking and collaboration is preferred. You are able to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow up on tasks with minimal direction and oversight; and can apply creative thinking to solutions. This position will also engage in outdoor activities for collateral and content.
- Stay up to date on tourism travel trends, social media and marketing trends
- Assist in local and regional travel and tourism trade shows
- Handle all aspects of organization’s social media and website marketing, including event calendar (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Linked In, etc)
- Coordinate marketing efforts to media outlets
- Send weekly e-news mailers and maintain database of leisure subscribers
- Maintain visual marketing assets
- Prepare monthly reports
- Monitor and follow Marketing Budget and Marketing Calendar as created and approved by the Tourism Director
- Coordinate hotel room blocks for large groups
OPERATIONS & OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help the City of Devils Lake with any marketing needs as they arise, at the direction of the Executive Director
- Answer incoming calls and greet walk-in visitors when needed
- Oversee visitor center; merchandise and brochures
- As the community builds event center space, this position will help in the bidding process and solicit meetings
- Proficient in the use of computers and related equipment, hardware, and software applicable to area of assignment, specifically Adobe Create Suites (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere), Video creation software and the Microsoft Office Suite; or the willingness to learn
- Experience with DSLR video cameras and other video equipment a plus
- Experience using digital marketing platforms a plus (Google AdWords & Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, etc)
- Strong writing skills, and attention to detail
- Strategic and creative thinker who can conceptualize about visitor experiences on a big picture level
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, management and outside agencies and stakeholders.
- Skill in organizing workflow and managing multiple projects under deadline.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to write clear, concise reports and business correspondence.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance to attend off-site programs and events as well as travel out of the city limits and the state.
- Some nights and weekends will be required, with advanced notice.
- Open to working on other projects as they arise
- Familiarity with and a love for the Devils Lake community
- All requirements are subject to change over time
- Knowledge of fishing and hunting preferred but not required, but will have to be out in those elements collecting content
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Benefits include 10 paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, a SIMPLE IRA matching retirement program, Blue Cross Blue Shield of ND health, dental and vision (75% of single plan paid), clothing allowance and a range of professional development opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Letters of Interest and a Resume can be submitted to Suzie Kenner at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 879, Devils Lake ND 58301